5577 Broadcast Court
Sarasota, FL 34240
RH PRACTICE AREAS
Isaiah K. Floyd is a Tampa, Florida native whose interest in law was sparked by watching television shows with his father, such as Perry Mason, Matlock, and Law & Order. Mr. Floyd graduated from Florida State University where he earned Bachelor of Science degrees in Finance and Real Estate.
During his tenure at Florida State University, Mr. Floyd developed the knowledge and skills to appraise commercial and residential real estate along with a deep understanding of risk management. Concurrently, he served as the Chief Justice of the National PanHellenic Council and as a Justice on the Student Conduct Board which further ignited his interest in law.
Mr. Floyd graduated from the Florida A&M University College of Law. Throughout this time, he participated on the school’s Trial Team and Negotiation Team. Two years post-graduation, Florida A&M University College of Law awarded Mr. Floyd with the Rising Star Award which is given to a graduate that has distinguished themselves within their first two years in practice by making an impact on their community through service and a commitment to law.
Directly after law school, Mr. Floyd worked as a civil litigation attorney representing individuals that were injured or wronged in the areas of auto negligence, premises liability, and insurance coverage disputes throughout the state of Florida.
Mr. Floyd joined Rolfes Henry in 2017 and currently works on the behalf of corporations, professionals, and injured parties. He utilizes his background in finance and real estate to assist clients with resolving business interruption claims and other disputes. Mr. Floyd has handled cases from pre-suit to trial. Additionally, he sits on Rolfes Henry’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
In 2023, Mr. Floyd was elected as the President-Elect of the Fred G. Minnis. Bar Association which serves communities of color in Pinellas County, Manatee County, and Sarasota County, Florida. Outside of his work, Mr. Floyd serves as a mentor to young attorneys, is an avid reader of John Grisham Books, and a Florida State football fanatic.
Florida A&M University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
Juris Doctor, 2015
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
Bachelor of Science in Finance, 2012
Bachelor of Science in Real Estate, 2012
- United States Southern District of Georgia
- United States Middle District of Georgia
- United States Northern District of Georgia
- United States Southern District of Florida
- United States Middle District of Florida
- United States Northern District of Florida
- State of Florida
- State of Georgia
- “In Conversation with Paula Washington of State Auto Insurance Company,” (2021), published in CLM Magazine
- “A Panel Discussion on Diversity in the Legal Field”, (2018), presented at National Lawyers Guild held at Florida A&M University College of Law, Orlando, Florida
- George Edgecomb Bar Association
- Fred G. Minnis Sr. Bar Association
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated
- National Bar Association
- Florida State University Alumni Association